Heat Shield cladding systems are designed to protect personnel and equipment against the effects of radiant heat and adverse environmental situations including offshore fields in extreme arctic conditions.
MTE ventilated cladding systems can achieve an immediate percentage reduction in incident heat flux in excess of 90%.
Panels are available with various single skin perforation patterns or in a double skin arrangement to suit a project's required performance. The panel's corrugated geometry is carefully selected to enhance its spanning capacity without detriment to its performance.
MTE provides a full turnkey package for the ventilated heatshield system from survey, design, manufacture, delivery and installation.
Typical applications include:
- Heatshield Cladding
- Turret Heatshields
- Derrick Heatshielding
- Stair Tower Heatshields
- Heatshielding for Bridge Links between Platforms
- Horizontal Flare Stack Shielding
- Life Boat Muster Points
- Offshore Wind Farm Substations
Advantages / Benefits of MTE Ventilated Cladding Systems
- Designed for a minimum of 40 year lifespan
- Proven maintenance free stainless steel system
- Allows natural ventilation
- Allows natural light and visibility through the panel
- Light weight and rigidly structured
- Easy to install & remove individual panels
- Manufactured to suit customers' requirements
- Spans deck to deck and requires no secondary support steelwork
- Tailor-made to accommodate existing structural steelwork
- Suitable for intermittent and severe thermal cycling conditions
- Penetrations can be incorporated within panels at site unlike that of woven mesh systems
- Full technical support available